Sunday, September 4, 2011

Your Browser Is No Longer Supported By Blogger, Part Two

I have a way of fiddling with stuff that I don't fully understand, and somehow making it work.

It happened once with wireless Internet. And now it's happened with the browser for this blog.

The other night when I was blogging the folks at Blogger sent me a message saying they no longer support my browser and that I'd have to switch to Google Chrome. Nothing wrong with Chrome but it's a hassle unless I want to make it my default browser, which at this time I don't.

A few minutes of searching and I found a way to make my blog work again on Internet Explorer. Everything is back to normal

I would say, take that Blogger, except that I don't want to piss off the cyborgs.

5 comments:

  1. I would say, take that Blogger, except that I don't want to piss off the cyborgs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get it to work, for I am not a computer person, have had my blog for 2 1/2 years and this has just happened to me as of this day. I have no idea how to get it to work. Thanking you in advance...Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, see below if you haven't already fixed. Good luck.

      Delete
  3. How did you get it to work?? I'm about to kill my blog of 5 years over this. Not happy with blogger. I can't install Chrome on my laptop as it belongs to work and I don't have the admin rights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it's been months now and my memory of this tragic event has been repressed from my memory, but I think this sounds like what I did (substitute Vista with latest Windows version): http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_change_back_from_Google_Chrome_to_IE

      Delete