Friday, May 20, 2011

Ode To Haley Reinhart

In an impressive season of American Idol, Haley Reinhart has been my favorite.

For starters, she's hot.

She also struggled through the early rounds this season, finishing in the bottom three four times, in which usually is a recipe for a quick and merciful death.

She was the recipient of the kiss-of-death from the judges -- "You need to figure out what kind of singer you want to be" -- which generally means the judges don't have a clue either.

She survived some questionable song choices -- "You and I," "Earth Song."

And lastly, she's hot.

Her road finally came to an end last night, as she finished third. In a season where the top six are all incredibly talented and should have long and fruitful careers ahead of them, she was the eye candy and I'll miss that in the finale. But I appreciate her style, too, her willingness to do what she wants to do, sing what she wants to sing, and I think when you start a musical career there's something to be said for that. I wish her luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment