Monday, May 2, 2011

The Day After

When news breaks around 10:45-11pm it puts me in a jam because that's usually when I'm thinking about what I'll blog about.

Yesterday was a prime example as that's what happened with the death of Osama bin Laden. I was sitting here, waiting to see ho would get eliminated from Celebrity Apprentice (deep down inside, Donald Trump can't be happy about the timing). So I wanted to get something out about the successful operation to capture or, as it turned out, kill bin Laden -- somehow I suspect he would never have let us take him alive -- and the details were still coming out about how it went down.

In the rush, I neglected to offer my thanks for the Navy SEALS who performed this operation almost to perfection. Even when one of the helicopters stalled and was forced to make an emergency landing, it apparently landed in perfect position to begin the firefight. I'm not sure I'll ever know them by name, but they made this happen.

So, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment