Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Coming Up For Air

In order to maintain my sanity, I decided to take a step away from the recently completed first draft of my novel and catch up on life.

This was my day.

With the announcement "I have changed my Twitter name. Alert the media," I changed the name on my Twitter account to Phil_Lemos.

After picking it up at Shaw's, I ate a whole bag of Baked Ruffles (not the snack-sized bags, a real bag).

To fix my ailing cell phone, I went to the Sprint store. They were able to fix it for me free of charge. It was great to find out I didn't need a new phone.

I bought trash bags. Now that I have a little more free time on my hands, I can pick up all the trash spilling over my bin and put it in bags and take out the trash.

I watched The People's Court, where a tenant was informed by Judge Milian that he cannot sue a landlord for $5,000 in damages if his 1980 TV set gets water damage from the leaky roof in his apartment.

All this writing tired me out about as much as my usual trip to the gym. So I slept. A lot.

I wonder if these are the kinds of things that Tom Robbins and Toni Morrison do after they finish a draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment