Saturday, January 1, 2011

This Is the Year

I'm only writing this today (Jan. 1) because I've had little time at residency to blog.  This is not a New Year's resolution.  I don't do New Year's resolutions.  Several years ago I made a New Year's resolution to stop making New Year's resolutions, and it's the only one I've ever kept.

This is the year I finish my novel.  I mean, it HAS to be.  It's my thesis.  If I don't finish it this year, I don't get my master's degree.  I started dabbling with my novel at the beginning of 2009.  It was a guilty pleasure.  By doing this, I'm exposing it to the potential of rejection at the hands of agents.  Or, even if an agent does like it, rejection at the hands of publishers.  Or, even if publishers like it, I expose it to the potential of poor sales and bad reviews.

This is the year I finish my novel. 

And it's scary.       

4 comments:

  1. This IS the year you finish your novel. This is also the year you WILL NOT recieve rejections in regards to your novel. Which means: beautiful things ill be happening in your life brother. beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fictitious Hubby,
    We'll still have us. Listening to Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush sing "Don't Give Up."
    Your work will find a great home. I believe in you.
    xox Your adoring fictitious wife:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so psyched about this novel. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the year and it will be great.

    ReplyDelete