Wednesday, October 15, 2014

NFL Week 7 Predictions

Here's my question: how do I score myself on last week's tie between the Bengals and Panthers?


I did not pick the game to end in a tie (ironically, also in last weeks blog I wrote about how I feel like the Falcons-Bears game should end in a tie), so in that sense I was wrong in making my pick.


Then again, I picked Cincinnati to win. And, Carolina did not win. So in that sense I was right.


I'm going to go ahead and, for the purposes of scoring my picks, call that game a tie.


Screw you, NFL, for allowing tie games.


Anyway, this week's picks:


Patriots 20, Jets 13 -- Jets coach Rex Ryan said it makes him "sick" to see Darrelle Revis in a Patriots uniform. Also making Rex Ryan sick: seeing Geno Smith in a Jets uniform.


Ravens 20, Falcons 17 -- Atlanta head coach Mike Smith got the "vote of confidence" this week from management, which means he'll be fired within the month.


Bills 31, Vikings 27 -- Teddy Bridgewater looked pretty good against the Falcons. Fine. But shouldn't his first start have been against an NFL defense?


Dolphins 46, Bears 13 -- Seriously, I just flipped a coin on this one.


Lions 27, Saints 10 -- Lions are making some nice progress this year...in finding a field goal kicker.


Packers 32, Panthers 29 -- I sense we're on the verge of a long streak of amazing Aaron Rodgers last-second heroics and terrible Aaron Rodgers State Farm Discount Double-Check commercials.


Colts 31, Bengals 10 -- If the Bengals stretch their winless streak to three games we'll be dangerously close to "It's-OK-to-talk-smack-about-Andy-Dalton" territory again.


Browns 23, Jaguars 17 -- This Brian Hoyer-Johnny Manziel feud has all the makings of a new reality TV show, doesn't it?


Seahawks 17, Rams 9 -- The awkward part about Kurt Warner being in that commemoration of the 1999 Super Bowl last Monday night? Warner's QB rating that night was higher than Austin Davis' in the second half.


Redskins 28, Titans 14 -- NFL threw a curveball at me last weekend by moving the Patriots-Bills game (an AFC matchup that normally would be televised by CBS) to Fox. What the NFL really should do is move this game from CBS to cable-access TV.


Chiefs 42, Chargers 41 -- San Diego nearly losing to the Raiders last weekend caused me to lose confidence in them for this game, though I will probably regret this pick in a year when Tony Romo and Philip Rivers (two QBs who are mirror images of each other on the chokability scale) are both leading their teams to amazing starts.


Giants 41, Cowboys 35 -- See above Chargers-Chiefs commentary, replace first phrase with "Dallas upsetting the Seahawks last weekend caused me to...."


Cardinals 22, Raiders 9 -- Bad news for the Raiders' attempts to avoid an 0-16 season: Jaguars are not on their schedule this year.


Broncos 24, 49ers 16 -- Is Peyton Manning close to some record or something?


Steelers 17, Texans 10 -- Sounds like they're really calling for Mike Tomlin's head down in Pittsburgh, which is too bad -- he's the most reliable guy on their kickoff coverage team.




LAST WEEK: 9-5-1


SEASON TO DATE: 55-35-1



No comments:

Post a Comment