Friday, February 8, 2013

Snowzilla vs. The Blog Monster

I'm prepared.

I'm scheduled to be off today and tomorrow from my full-time job, and a rare extension from my part-time box/spy job. So I'm inside.

I did a load of laundry this morning.

I've able to avoid the bedlam at local supermarkets, where fistfights are breaking out over in the express lane. In my fridge I have:

* 13 bottles of water

* 3 bottles of Coca-Cola

* Turkey cold cuts, American and cheddar cheese.

* An extra Burger King Chicken Sandwich (they are currently buy one get one free at The King right now).

I also have cereal, Tostitos, Triscuits, ramen noodles, and Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts and Eggs in the cabinet.

I went out to Wal-Mart and bought new snow boots. The ones I have currently have lasted me for three years, through Halloween and April Fool's Day blizzards, Tropical Storm Irene  and Stormzilla Sandy. That's three years of diverse storms and my boots have finally bowed to the crazy New England weather. They were a great value for $34.87 and I bought the same brand this morning.

I am watching the news on TV and, on the Internet, one of my childhood favorite movies, Gamera vs. Monster X.

There may be power outages, call-ins to work, cars skidding into the house, or some other blizzard craziness. But I'm ready, Snowzilla. Bring the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment