Monday, December 31, 2012

Philloverse Year In Review 2012

2012 was one of the weirdest years of my life.

The year began I received my Master of Fine Arts for creative writing. At my graduation I gave a speech. Afterwards I was informed I made a couple of people cry. I'm such a douchebag. Also, it was pretty depressing to leave the MFA program.

The Patriots went to the Super Bowl, and in a hard-fought contest fell just short. Hopefully they can get back and close the deal this time around.

My unemployment finally ran out.

I got a job.

I left this job after seven days for a potential writing opportunity.

On the way to this writing opportunity, I nearly drove off a cliff and died.

Talk about an omen. The writing opportunity ended up being a writing + other things opportunity and, as I was debating whether to go through with it, two other jobs came calling and gave me the opportunity to pursue the two jobs -- one of which was 35 hours a week, the other was part-time (once every four weeks).

I was right about Bobby Valentine.

While I enjoyed the 35-hour-a-week job, it was a 45-minute commute (one-way) and I knew I wouldn't be able to sustain that long-term. So I knew I needed a change. And I left for another job closer to home, though not without a nice little sendoff.

There were issues at the new job almost from the start, and luckily I followed one of my life mantras, which meant a new job was once again waiting for me. This is now my current job, and my fourth job in the span of nine months (five if you include the one I never started).

What a crazy year.

Really, in 2013 I just want to get back into the habit of regular writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment