Saturday, May 3, 2014

Checking Deposit

Someone wrote me a check recently.


Every so often this happens -- I get a few checks for my birthday and/or Xmas and when I worked at The Chopper they inexplicably did not offer direct deposit -- and so one of the tellers at the bank kind of knows me.


I filled out the deposit slip and handed it and the check to her. She looked at it for a couple of seconds and smiled.


"You know," she said, "You're the only person who comes in here who actually fills out the deposit slips correctly."


I was in a hurry on this particular day and she stopped me in my tracks.


Fill in your name, account number, list the amount of cash (if any), the amount of the check(s), write down whether you want cash back and if so how much, sign.


I realize we live in an age of direct deposit and checks are slowly becoming extinct. But this really can't be that difficult, can it?



No comments:

Post a Comment