Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Registration

Registration for my grad school residency is always a pain in the ass.

The first time I tried it, I was in the midst of signing a promissory note and mailing it back to Fairfield when they called me and told me they tried to take the semester tuition out of my debit card, which started a near-riot. Since then I've decided it's best to register in person, even though I'm a two-hour drive to Fairfield.

So I just registered for summer residency and, as usual, the registration and financial aid offices sent me back and forth between them five times. The two offices are 20 feet from each other. They could easily talk to themselves and get everything taken care of, but whatever. Everything appears to be done now.

I always feel like I need a drink after registering for classes.

Luckily, I had reinforcements in the form of two of my MFA friends, Hilts and AJ, who met me for Indian food post-registration. We chatted for two hours and then AJ and her husband made me dinner.

It was a great day. I registered for classes, so I have that off my chest. I was fed well. I had a good time.

Almost makes me want to register for classes more often.

3 comments:

  1. It was awesome hanging with you. And you're a fabulously gracious guest, (even when the dog attempts to steal the steak off the grill.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you; every time, though, it makes me sad that we live so far apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Hilts, who knows, if my luck doesn't improve I may be living in an highway underpass somewhere, and there are just as many of those in Fairfield County as well as Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete