Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Editor

I've always enjoyed writing, not so much editing. But in the past day or so, I've received the following emails from folks whose stories will be running soon for Mason's Road.

1) "Attached is the revision of [my story]. You made my job quite easy. It's always enlightening to see what can go, to give the story more cohesion. I really appreciate your efforts and point-on editing."

2) "Phil,
I took a close look at your suggestions, and I have to say, you did a fabulous job.  They all make sense and improve the piece, which seemed to be your goal.  You're a very good editor.  Go for it with the changes, all of them.  And thank you for taking the time to do a close read, which is so foolishly rare these days."

Man, maybe if this novel things doesn't work out, I can find some gig in editing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment