Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Personality Test

In a fit of boredom, I followed a Facebook friend's link to a Web site where you can take a personality test.


What the hell, I said to myself. Take it.


So I answered 10 minutes worth of questions as honestly as I could. I won't get too specific, but here are a few snippets (paraphrasing slightly for clarity) about the personality type I tested out as:


"[People of my personality type] are masters of written communication, with a distinctively smooth and warm language. In addition, their sensitivity allows them to connect to others quite easily. Their easy and pleasant communication can often mislead bystanders, who might consider them a very sociable person."  I've been known to do some writing from time to time, so this is probably a positive development.


"As introverts, they need to have some 'alone time' every once in a while; otherwise their internal energy reserves will get depleted really quickly. If this happens, they may surprise everybody around them by withdrawing from all their activities for a while, and since other people usually see them as always friendly and sociable, this can leave them both surprised and concerned."  My friend Dianne has been known to say, "Every so often Phil needs his alone time." (I hate how she says it in my presence while referring to me in the third person, but whatevs.) According to this, she's right. And there probably is something to it. I do go through periods of intense social interaction, followed by periods of intense craving time in my room, taking a walk, driving around aimlessly, away from everyone else. Dammit, Dianne! Why do you have to be right?


"People with this personality type are very sensitive." That's me. I have a hard shell of an exterior that some people find difficult to crack, but that shell is protecting my sensitivities. I am a human M&M.


But I guess what struck me most about it is that my personality type is supposedly shared by less than 1% of the population.


This personality test may be total BS. But I've always felt like an against-the-grain, less-than-one-percent-of-the-population type of person. So in that sense, they nailed me.



















No comments:

Post a Comment