Saturday, May 4, 2013

Goals 2013: An Update On My Progress Since I Set My Goals 24 Hours Ago

Yesterday's blog seems to have struck a chord with people. Some were excited to hear me vowing to get back to work on my novel. Some were pleased to hear me putting my goals out there for accountability.

Others had a different reaction, something along the lines of:

"ANOTHER goals blog? Yes! YES!!! JUST what I wanted to read! Oh, please, PLEASE update me on your progress AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE! Because I CAN'T WAIT TO READ ABOUT IT!!!"

I somehow suspect that species of comment was lobbed with a heaping pile of sarcasm. But for what it's worth:

* Buy a table and a comfortable chair: NOT SUCCESSFUL. Since last night's blog I've spend 90% of my time either sleeping or working. I just haven't had the time to look for a table and chair yet. Seriously folks, it's been less than 24 hours. Cut me some slack.

* Eat broccoli at least twice a week: DONE, AT LEAST FOR ONE WEEK. I've eaten three times since last night, and on two of those occasions my main course was augmented with a side of broccoli. Granted, there's about 30 more weeks left in the year and so I have to be consistent. But take that, bitches.

* Get back to the gym: NOT SUCCESSFUL. I'm thinking of joining a new gym. But I need to go there, fill out a membership form, etc. etc. So, no success yet, but I'm confident this will get done by month's end.

* Pay off two credit cards: NOT SUCCESSFUL. Neither of the two credit cards I have designs on paying off has its bill due today. I could say screw it and pay one off today, but then I'd be eating ramen noodles for the rest of the month and wouldn't be able to make my scheduled payment for the other bill (as well as some other bills). So that seems counterproductive.

* FINISH MY NOVEL: NOT SUCCESSFUL; however, I did write three sentences in it tonight. If my novel was three sentences away from being publisher-ready, then I'd be done now. It's not, unfortunately. But it's a start.

So there it is. Be careful what you wish for, or you may get another update tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment