Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Club Millionaire

So I joined Club Millionaire at the beginning of the fall TV season, which earns me points for answering Who Wants To Be a Millionaire  questions correctly. If you collect enough points you can win stuff (which I don't really care much about) and possibly be invited to be a contestant on the show (which is more interesting).

I've collected 650-some-odd points and today I tried to get more when I got the following email:

Dear Club Millionaire Members,

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are sorry to announce that, as of Tuesday, December 6, 2011, all activity related to Club Millionaire will be discontinued.  We apologize for any disappointment this may cause and thank you for your participation of the Club.   In the coming months, we will be exploring other options related to development and operation of a new Millionaire rewards program.  Should a new Millionaire club be launched, please be assured that any points you've accumulated, thus far, will be transferred into the new program.

We appreciate your loyalty to "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" and hope you will continue to be an active viewer of the program.

What the hell happened? How do you mess this up? What are "circumstances beyond our control" when you're giving away free prizes. I mean, the only other club I'm in is Club Penguin, and that's because my friends' kids asked me to join, and Club Penguin has never had these problems.

This is the kind of mystery that keeps me up at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment